Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Big NASTY

haha, that thing sure did look whiskey tango.

frick why not build something like this?

Oh yeah, I saw it on "TRUCKS!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

True Hollywood Stry
    part of the reason is i have all the material to build the arms like i plan already and i got it for free, plus i need to get this done fairly quickly so i really dont wanna deviate from the plan at hand, since i would have to order some dom and i would prolly be looking at another weeks set back waiting for parts.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    did some work today, i took the passengerside spring out, so that i could remove my coil bucket, which in my rush to get to tcc i put three welds down on the sides of the bucket to help hold them on instead of going another route so i ground everything off and took the bucket off.

Then i started measuring and planning where and how i needed to make my new upper and lower shock mounts. While doing this i now realized that my heater/A/C blower mounter and heatercore were in the way. Yet this was a good thing because i had previously abandoned heat and a/c so i took all that crap out of there. The tricky part was turns out ford didnt design the engine bay and blower box to work with a big block, so it took some cohersion to get out via a big pipe and hammer.

So tomorrow i will finish making the shocktower/coil upper, and make a block off plate so that the passenger doesnt get all kinds of awesome noise and exhuast gases. This block off plate will be nice and usefull to because it will give me a nice flat surface to mount electronics, and my new vaccum canister.

the bonus pic is what you do when you dont know how to set the timer yet still wanna let your friends know they are number 1 in your book.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

looks good, and it cleared up alot of space in the engine bay as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    and also about 30-40 lbs which is always good.

True Hollywood Stry
    finished the block off plate from the a/c heater blower, cleaned up and removed a few wires from my nasty ass harness, i am going to paint it and use silicone around the inside and outside to help keep exhuast gases out.

P.S jerry does that air cleaner top, and filter look familiar.
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 07-24-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    P.S jerry does that air cleaner top, and filter look familiar.
    nice, but i think you need a longer piece of all-thread.....that wing nut is barely hanging on
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

that truck losing 30 pounds is like a sumo wrestler choosing a lighter diaper
    vacuum canister?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah jerry i use to have that big 4 inch foam filter thing but one day when i was tuning the carb she back fired when i started her up and the filter caught fire.

and eric i bought a vaccuum canister to help with my brakes cause of my large cam.

True Hollywood Stry
    no it is just tied into the current system, it is a little bigger than a 1lb. coffee can.

True Hollywood Stry
    today i got my extensions back from the machinist, and i gotto say for once, it worked out well working my ass off at my new job in the sun all day. when i got to the machinist on my lunch break all sweeaty and dirty, he says to me you look hot and dirty do you work hard? i say yeah, kinda thinkin this is weird small talk for a guy who can barely speak english. then he says where at, and i tell him he then says wow two jobs, good job. then he asks well how much did i tell you it would cost yesterday. I say 80 bucks. he looks at me again and says i will give you workin mans break 70 dollars so he figures up the tax, and it came out to like 75 something, so i hand him 80 bucks and he hands me back a twenty and says no nevermind you just keep it, then says thanks for the business.

besides that i got the new upper passenger side shock/coil mount done and partially bolted up, bought all new calipers, bearings,yada yada yada, and made the four main parts of the brackets that will sandwich/box the frame for the new radius arm mount.

True Hollywood Stry
    well since it appears that my truck not only hates me with utter passion, it hates anyone who tries to fix stuff. my dad went this morning to go pick it up from a friend that had replaced the flywheel and done some clean up work on the wiring in it. Well he calls me asking how to turn on the e-fan, i say turn the nob, well it was no longer working i think the guy undid a wire or something, so the truck over heated before they got it out of the shop, since they were b.s ing while it was running.

so anyway they get the fan fixed, and now the mother ****ing piece of ****, is making some kinda noise when they try to start it i mean wtf it just had a new flywheel and starter put in it. so he is dicking with it now trying to see what is going on and get it fixed.

also to add to the cluster fawk, it seems my trailer i usually use to trailer my piece or crap from home to here is prolly gonna be in use so i must now try and figure out another way to get it up here.

so if i get home and it gives me an major problems i.e not starting right im prolly taking parts off and ebay here we go

True Hollywood Stry
    well he messed with it and backed of the timing a tid bit, and changed the bendix gear on the starter to a 12 tooth one instead of an 8 tooth, something he had heard from a friend of his that builds 460' and that took care of the starting noises, now i only go to be pissed when i got the bill since i am a jew and hate to pay people to work on crap that i can do. and he hcarged me like 2-something to do the kingpins on the 60, and he still didnt find a facking stud that holds the spindle on he said ford didnt make them anymore well no **** dumb ass call dana. anyways my dad drove it and said everything is bueno, well see when i go home.

I'd check with a fastener store for that stud. They seem to deal in that sort of stuff.

Sell that big ***** and get a sammy that runs, lift and lock it, add 32s, and wheel the fawk out of it. Good to flat tow too.