Thread: Someone help me make sense of what happened here...

Hybrid View

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    How much did you lift your truck? I think a stock drive shaft is good to atleast 6"

Check on the edges of the yokes, are there little tabs there that hold the shaft and u-joints in? These are cast tabs in the yoke.

It just spit out the d-shaft? It did not break a U-joint or anything?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    How much did you lift your truck? I think a stock drive shaft is good to atleast 6"

Check on the edges of the yokes, are there little tabs there that hold the shaft and u-joints in? These are cast tabs in the yoke.

It just spit out the d-shaft? It did not break a U-joint or anything?
    The driveshaft looked fine after the lift, it needed an inch of extension at most, but I didn't see it as being a problem. The tabs are still on the yokes of the 205 and the 9 inch, so that wasn't the problem. I'm sure I had the right u-joint size as well, and no u-joints were broken.

The truck did a 3 hour trip down 45 at 65-75 mph and drove just fine. It wasn't until I drove it a few days later that I had this problem.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!