Thread: CV Boot tear

TRDyota

CV Boot tear

I think the 64k miles on the boots coupled with stress from the lift angles lead to this. The first pick is before I cleaned it off. I wiped alot of the grease away to see if I could find the tear. I couldn't find one. The second pic is the joint all cleaned off. Oh yeah, and just ignore that disconnected sway bar. I'm too lazy to take it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

TRDyota
    I did find this, but I don't think this is the source of the grease. I've wiped all the grease away, so if it comes back, I'll be convinced. This is from the ground looking up at the lower A-arm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    IFS is

TRDyota
    Oh Yeah? Well your FACE is gay...

Mud King
    Go down to oreilly's and buy a new CV shaft and the youll have a new shaft plus lifetime warranty on it. then take that reciept with the other sides shaft and get a free shaft by using the warranty for the other. Thats what i always did just buy stuff for one side of your truck and get the other side free by using the warranty reciept. They never know.

Austin I am pissed at you, why the hell didn't you think of this! You are a dissapointment to loss promotion.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

you sure that sway bar link rattling around didn't tear the boot?

doesnt this mean its time for a solid front now?

TRDyota

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    you sure that sway bar link rattling around didn't tear the boot?
    Anything is possible, but I really don't think it could have happened, Grayson. The sway bar link just sticks strait up, I actually had to bend it out of the way to take the picture. If anything, it would just flop back and forth. I don't think its is alligned to where it could even possibly touch the boot.

And I checked it out today, and there is no more grease. But then again, its only been a day.