Thread: Mecca of Speed

Hybrid View

Once the boss was removed, it left a hole in the engine case that needed to be capped. In order to do this, Doc put the engine case on a copy machine and made a copy of the hole, I cut the shape out of paper, then glued the paper to a piece of sheet aluminum and cut it out with a bandsaw. Pretty nifty trick we figured out. The guy that did the welding is a wiz with a TIG and he says it was hard to weld. Either the coating on the engine doesnt come off cleanly or its dirty pot metal.

Since the two halves have to seal together, we left enough hanging off the side so that I could face it flush with the rest of the sealing surface on the case.

The oil fill plug was on the boss we cut off, so we had to make a new oil fill hole.

Once everything was machined, it sealed up nicely.

The rear bolt on the CR80 is larger than the rear bolt on the RS125. The CR80 uses this for a swingarm mount as well as an engine mount, where on the RS125, it is merely and engine mount. Ryan Bludau built a bushing for us.

We also had to build new front engine mounts and torque rod, but I have no pictures of them. You'll have to take my word that they came out pimp.
    Last edited by agjohn02; 12-05-2007 at 09:23 PM.