Thread: Time to get busy!

Time to get busy!

I need a fly wheel for a 350. 168 tooth and a 12 inch clutch area. Anyone have one or know where one is??? On sunday i will also be starting the transmission swap hopefully. I'm still waiting on a response for a hydraulic bell housing, but if not i'll probably build the bracket for the slave cylinder.

there are about a mil and 1/2 chebbies in the 1/2 million junk yards in CC, them hard core mexicans love them chebbies. you could get brett to mail you one if there are none around here.

I have no idea where any junkyards are around here but if I can find them I will check it out for you Dougie-poo

Krawler68
    Originally posted by bburris

Dougie-poo
    HEY!!! That's MY pet name...

Damn it.

Doug

its a 1 piece main seal isnt it?

I'm pretty sure your going to need a different flywheel than you'll find in the messican 1/2 ton 350.

why would they differ? I'm not being an ass, i really don't know!

the way the crank sticks out of the block is different, i think it sticks out farther on a 2 piece main seal engine, so the clutch surface on the flywheel would have to sit further away from the crank surface on a 1 piece engine so it could use the same transmission bellhousing and clutch.

look up the part #'s on carparts.com for flexplates, if they are the same then maybe the flywheels are the same.

and after searching for about 2 minutes it looks like in 86 they went to an external balanced engine, so finding one used just got harder

http://www.bulkparts.com/MM018.ASP?pageno=1064

Hey Burris...

As you drive into Corpus on HW37 you pass a dog track and a hotel - maybe La Quinta - both on the right. If you exit there and turn right just past the La Quinta and drive down a few miles you will come to a stop light where your 2 lane road crosses a 2 lane each way road and turns into a 1 lane each way. Anyway - there is a junk yard on that corner and if you turn right and drive down less than a mile there is another 2-3 on the left.

there are a bunch on agnes, or on holly, greenwood, those by the dog track there is a bad ass one out by the budweiser recycling center on agnes or leopard, you can go either way, or in robstown i think