Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    the modulator i got from waco for you is adjustable asshat
    And its long gone. **** if I know where, its only $12 so I bought a new one and moved on with my life. I suggest you do the same.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

What if i dont want to? hahahahah

What does everyone run for fuel hose in high pressure, fuel injected applications? I put plain rubber parts store hose on to get to Clayton, even though it specifically says "not for fuel injected applications" on it. It has held up well enough so far but I'm sure catastrophic failure is imminent and I will be installing a fuel cell anyway. I dont want to pay for genuine braided hose so I was looking at the mid-level hpses. Russell's Twist-Lok hose is the cheapest per foot in this category and the fittings that go with it are available in the styles I am wanting to use.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Russell/Russel...47169/10001/-1

My fuel systems runs at ~70 PSI so the cheap rubber **** isnt gonna cut it anymore.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

hardline with flex line only where its necessary. comression fittings to connect the hardline to the flex line that has a piece of hardline crimped to it. bryan hose kind of sucks, they are all about push locks and brazing. They do have a decent selection of hardline at least. I think napa will actually crimp stuff.

After the fuel pump and filters (thinking about running a water seperator/pre-filter) there would only be ~3 feet of hardline, at most. Not really worth the trouble to me.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Stainless steel brake line for the hard line.

At connection points I use actual "fuel injection hose" and use fuel injection clamps. Has held fine on the Klogger, but Ford fuel injection is only like 40 lbs.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    fitting from pickup the pump, hose with push lock fittings between pump and filter, hard line from filter down the frame to seperator, push lock fitting and hose up to fuel rail.

this hose http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Push...64426/10002/-1
    these fittings http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-AN-P...73391/10002/-1
    and stainless hard line like carl said.

trust me on this one for once.
    Last edited by RCcola55; 07-16-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Jeg's hose specifically says not for use with fuel.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    use the hose u were talking about with russels brand twist lock fitting, but defently use hard line when and where u can

i dont know why jegs would say use that hose when the clearly say that fittings are for fuel
    Last edited by RCcola55; 07-16-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

I think yota infection runs at 70 or 80 psi (from the in-tank pump) and ever since I put in a cheap in-line filter like 10 years ago trying to diagnose a gremlin, I have had regular rubber fuel line pressed onto barb fittings with the fuel injection hose clamps and haven't had a problem. I would agree with the using as much hard line as possible, but also think you might as well do it right and do it once
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I finally got everything hooked back up last night and started it up. No funny noises coming from the transmission yet so thats good. I did manage to nick the fuel return line while drilling one of the holes for the front spring hangers so I'll need to fix that. I'll get it turned around so I can tear into the front end tonight.

only if you own property in another state, or are in the military. Why would you want to do this? Texas is easy going compared to most of the rest of the country once you hit the 25 year old mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Have you considered registering Pigpen in a different state? (Would that even be possible?)
    i've never heard of anyone register a car as a liquid or gas?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Pocket View Post
    Plates
    Sporks
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

WTF are you talking about hotpocket? Are you responding to something on the first page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools