Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Hybrid View

Today I noticed that the fusible link connected to the starter melted the loom around it, and I assume its not supposed to do that. Its not burned all the way through like the other one though. Could they both be fubar'd from cranking on the engine for long periods of time? I've been having to do that alot to get it started and blleding the fuel system.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Just sounds like the loom's getting too hot due to excessive cranking which in turn caused it to melt. It shouldn't do that IMO. Couldn't you just pick up two new links and go from there?
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

id put bearings in there since its apart. that crosshatch pushes the oil back into the seal. supposed to not leak as much. get rid of the link, put a real fuse in there.

Never took motor apart, just took pan and rear cap off to do the seal. Its all back together now and will be going back into the truck tomorow. I would just replace them with normal fuses but I have no idea what size fuse to use. I might just put two new links on and go from there.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Well then how do you know what size of fusible links to use?

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Well then how do you know what size of fusible links to use?
    2 gauge sizes smaller than the wire its protecting. Never seen fusible links rated to fail at a specified amperage.

No. Thats what napa counter monkeys are for.

think about what you just said...

Here's what I did yesterday. Havent done anything today because of the weather but will buckle down tomorow. I shaved an inch off the bottom of the engine crossmember and plated it, and made some bump stop brackets. Also got the shock towers bolted on and the shocks installed. Went ahead and cleaned up the wiring as much as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

what'd you use for the bushings on your engine mounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

1.5" poly spring bushings.

Got the motor most of the way back in today. After taking the motor off the engine stand and hoisting it in the air, I noticed the oil pan that I put on was different, much different. Different enough that it would not clear my engine crossmember. FAWK!! Had to replace it with original pan, and it took a whole lot of wiggling just to get the motor connected to the tranny, I didnt even get the motor mount bolts in. Tomorow's gonna be a loonnggggg day.

I found out the "different" oil pan was from a hummer so thats why it wouldnt fit. Anyway, today I got alot done. I got the motor 100% in and hooked up. Only thing left to do is coolant and a little bracket to mate the tranny shifter cable to the tranny. I bought the shifter used and it didnt come with the bracket. I've made two different ones, and neither was the right length from the pivot point on the tranny to the pivot point on the end of the cable, so they wont shift into all the gears. The passenger side door now opens too. I got my power steering cooler hooked up, for some reason this was the most exciting part of my day. It fit like it was made for the truck (it might have been, I found it in the bed of a truck at Gordons). I also replaced the solenoid on the starter, and put a new radiator in. I might make it to 47 tomorow, we'll see how much I can get done in the morning and if it actually starts like a good mother****ing piece of ****.

Today, I didnt do much. I got my aftermarket gauges installed. They came from a parts truck in case you're wondering. After that, I built a rack to mount my ammo can and high lift jack over the gas tank, and leave the space between the tank and spare tire for an icechest.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    TThey came from a parts truck in case you're wondering.
    No way.