Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigpen

Uuhh....did I ever send that info to you? Anyway I've been playin with the truck on the weekends tryin to figure out why it wotn run and I think I've narrowed it down to there being water in the fuel. I left the fuel tank uncovered for two weeks and it got rained on so it must have had some water in there. I filled a gas can with diesel and stuck the feeder hose in it and it prety much fired right up. No I just need to get the water out of the fuel tank. Does anyone know of a local place that does radiators? I am thinking about having one custom built for this thing, cause no one makes new ones big enough for a reasonable price and I want a few things different than stock anyway. The name of the truck is now officially Pigpen. I chose this name because the truck is a pile of **** and it will be my CB handle on the trail too. Think CW McCall and the 70s...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

drain the tank, add some heet to it and drain it let it all evaportae
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    pour lots of heet in it, or drain the tank as previously mentioned that heet stuff works good.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I used compressed air to push about 1/2 gallon of water/diesel mix out of the bottom of the tank. I also bought another Everstart battery from wally world for $30 because the Interstate that was in there was a piece of crap. It starts righ up now. I also bought some *****in little lights for $15 to use as rock lights, but one of them didnt work so I gotsta take em back tomorow.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

nope, you never did. But thats allright cause I haven't talked to him since then anyway

if you want some cheap lights for rocklights, check out www.summitracing.com The part # is SUM-G6272. These are the lights I'm running on my buggy, and they are pretty nice. Metal housings, full wiring harnesses with switches and relays, all for 11 bucks.

AgDieseler
    I used compressed air to push about 1/2 gallon of water/diesel mix out of the bottom of the tank. I also bought another Everstart battery from wally world for $30 because the Interstate that was in there was a piece of crap. It starts righ up now. I also bought some *****in little lights for $15 to use as rock lights, but one of them didnt work so I gotsta take em back tomorow.
    Nicely done.

Just for Eric

Took it to Gilmer this weekend. Come to find out a 4 hour away trip isnt the best idea for a first adventure. Problems were as follows (I may have forgoten one or two so those that were present post up anything I missed);

HUGE rear main seal leak, I lost about 1/2 a quart in half an hour of driving
    Clogged PCV valve
    ****ed up alternator-dash gauge read 7 volts one minute and 20 the next and batteries never received a charge
    No bump stops or shocks caused truck to buck violently on washboard roads and front suspension to constantly bottom out on engine crossmember
    I didnt cut the hole for the t-case shifter big enough so when the t-case is in 4 low the shifter is on the body, and when everything twists it moves the shifter to front wheel drive/grinding noise
    Still need to fix fenders so passenger side door cab be opened
    It wouldnt engage the starter at all when we were trying to load it on the trailer
    Ended up having to winch it, but my wires for the in cab winch control had gotten caught on the rag joint and wrapped around the steering shaft, causing a wicked pissah short and consequently the in cab control didnt work. The remote wouldnt work either until I disconnected the in cab control leads from the solenoids, that was kinda wierd
    The tranny wouldnt shift outta first, but that was probably because the modulator isnt hooked up

I think that about sums it up. Of all things, the square tube front driveshaft performed like a champ. The looks on peoples' faces as we drove by with me at the back of the pack driving the clanky diesel that was smoking like it was on fire were the best part of the trip for me.

long maiden voyages are cool. the scouts was a 300 mile trip towing a boat overloaded with all my crap in it when i moved to s texas. maiden offroad trip was a four hour drive to gilmer. no problems.

RRDH beotch

maybe you should double check your work?

it was fun to see on the trail, and when it had full 4wheel drive it crawled like a champ
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

get the bugs ironed out and bring that hooker to Clayton. You can show the trail klogger up!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    No one will shower the trail klogger up, he doesn't even have a pipe rack!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Got the front shock mounts made today. Also, last weekend at my shop I was taking some parts off the banks turbo parts truck and discovered this little pleasant suprise.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

73bronco
    Now all you have left to do is make the pile run

Got the CB installed too.
    Attached Images Attached Images