yeah i hear what you are saying, about taking some strength away. i wouldnt have done it if i didnt think it was going to fail. i have talked with quite a few people that have done the swap a couple years ago and have had no problems. one of the guys i spoke with uses his bronco for lots of jumps and hill climbs and the other for crawling. Would it have been stronger to leave it yes. If i had the money i would have found a 78-79 60 that i wouldnt have had to cut up but they go for to much damn money and i got this one dirt cheap.
As for making new longer arms i am extending mine, then sleeving the extension,while using a johhny joint, instead of a solid stud. But as for making totally new arms that was a little out of the question for time restaints as i have to have my truck functional in about another two-three weeks to go back to collegestation for school. I believe that a totally new custom arm setup would have prolly been over my level of fabrication cause of the lack of clearance maybe 3 inches between housing and knuckle, and i would have had to outboard my radius arm mounts.
Along with the valley has got to be the worst place in the world to try and find supplies like D.O.M seems to be greek to these people at the local steel shops.

if it breaks ryan you and jimmy and a few others, can point and laugh, and yes flem i am working on getting that bolt in .

also got a 18 inch e-fan from a lincoln mark vIII, that supossedly flows 4,000 cfm, so i believe my over heating will be solved soon.