Thread: Load binding

Hybrid View

For the record, I also suck down my suspension with my front and rear winches. Keeps the truck from bouncing around and adds back-up attachments should the strap or chain fail.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Moved from the previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    Instead of axle straps, which can get cut, I've been thinking of axle chains. Something like a 3/8" chain about 18" long with rings on both ends.
    If I ever buy again, I'm getting these or something like it:

JEGS 80122 - JEGS Ratchet Tie-Downs
    http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80122/10002/-1

One-piece integrated loop and ratchet. They can be used straight or around an axle.

I've been using the separate axle strap and ratchet strap for years with no issues. But it's twice as many pieces and it's a little awkward holding the open ended hook on both axle strap hoops tight while trying to attach and ratchet the other open ended hook. The closing/locking hooks would also keep it all in one place, even if it somehow got slack. It can't fall completely off like my current setup. I'm not concerned about cutting them. Has anyone had that happen? I've never even frayed one. They're pretty tough.

Then I'm going to cut off all of the extra so I don't have to ever mess with it. I don't know why I haven't yet. All of them are still long enough to tie down a load of lumber on a semi trailer.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'