Thread: Start to an off-road build on a 1988 Cherokee Chief

Threaded View

Super Moderator CamperSpecial67's Avatar
    Yeah you're right on the sheet metal coming up in the middle, maybe ill extended that back towards the grille and make a seat/drink holder when i'm working on the dam thing (which is about every night it seems) bumper is just about done being cut out. I still need to grab some tubing for the grille guard, but ill worry about that once i have the bottom half of it built and adjusted to my liking. as of now it only extends 5 inches from the front cross member to the very front of the bumper at the longest, and tappers down a the corners. I like the grille trimming idea and will probably implement that.

Been awhile since i last updated yall so here goes:

I'm right now either have a free 10,000 Warn or 10,000 trail gear at a largely discounted price. The difference is the Warn needs the wiring, but has the controller and the trail gear has everything ready to go in but i have to pay a couple hundred for. Leaning the to the Warn if my father will let me pull it outta storage (hasn't seen his 02 f250 in years) which is also where the controller and wiring are located (on and in the truck).

Lunchbox for the front dana 30, with later model axles with the larger u joints to do the two piece to one piece swap also looking to happen end of this month. (leaving the 35 open, would rather spin tires than break and be done for the weekend. waste of time and money to junkyard d35 shafts)

I NEED sliders. Have made little to no progress on them because lack of metal. If it looks like im running outta time i might pony up the cash for some but right now still hoping to slap some together (plan to buy the tubing for the sliders and the grille guard for the bumper all at once)

Leaking oil pretty good right now. Probably needs a new rear main, timing cover seal, oil pan and valve cover gaskets for good measure. But its gone 1000 miles and haven't had to add any oil yet. Just annoying having it drip on the exhaust and having a slight haze of smoke occasionally come out from under the jeep.

Did the door mod all the way around so now they all come off and on easily. Pretty sure they'll be staying on for clayton though

installed some rear pods in the hatch. great to finally be able to see where im going when backing up!

Here's a few pics to go along with it!
    Name:  IMG_4791.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4792.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  68.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CamperSpecial67; 11-10-2016 at 12:34 AM.