8 42.11%
  • All new trucks suck

5 26.32%
  • I am a whore

3 15.79%

Thread: Ecoboost vs 5.0

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by tommy53002 View Post
    Did you get screwed on your trade in? That seems like a smokin price.
    I don't think I got screwed on my trade. I traded in a 2013 Ford Raptor, and They gave me $1800 less than what I bought it for new. I only had it for 10 months and I thought that was a VERY fair amount of depreciation and kick in the shorts for changing my mind so quick on the vehicle. I was very pleased with how it kept it's value, and I ended up not having to pay any money at all for my new truck, win win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    Who said anything about being enlightened? You posted a graph that means nothing in the real world. What the truck gets to the wheels is important.
    I understand the point you are trying to make, but there is a single flaw in your posts and that is your reliance on what the vehicle puts to the wheels, or rather "chassis dyno's". All Dyno's read different, even dyno's of the same brand if they are calibrated differently. The graph you posted is a great comparison of the two trucks if they were run back to back on the same dyno (which I assume they were) with the same weather conditions. The chart you reference is a good comparison, but the ecoboost still makes 10% more torque, which is what will effect a "butt dyno".
    Last edited by FJAggie07; 07-10-2014 at 06:53 PM.